First off, I wanted to give an update to the previously discussed plan. We've made some demonstrable backend progress, and I wanted to outline what the near term goals are, and how we're going to get there. I'm going to keep this at a technical high level, but I'm happy to dig into the details over at Github or on msg here.
There are a few parallel efforts that I am chipping away at that are happening all at once as I keep on digging. We can put these into several big buckets:
- Get code out of the database - There's a bunch of reasons why we want to get code of the database. Security, performance, source control, and site stability are all good ones. Another more subtle one is that it allows me to make big changes all at once. I tend to push out huge swaths of code from my development environment and often it is invisible to the userbase. In fact, I've made hundreds of changes around here